EPF Online Payment
This article is to guide firms having corporate SBI account by showing how to remit EPF Online Payment. We have shown the complete procedures to pay EPF payment online through SBI. Employers can make EPF online payment through many other banks with which they hold a corporate account. The major ones include HDFC, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank and Bank of India. The complete list of banks for online payment facility is shared further in this post. The last date of PF contribution is the 15th of every month without any grace period. Hence, to avoid delays, online PF payment is the best way for employers. EPFO e-sewa offers several online facilities for employees as well employers. Any organization that has more than 20 employees have to register with EPFO. Employees Provident Fund is one of the best saving plans for the salaried people.
Employers willing to make EPF online payment will be using the EPFO portal. The net banking facility of the bank with which the employer has the corporate account is used to remit the fund. Online EPF payment is very beneficial for employers. Employers get confirmation of payment on their mobile through SMS instantly after online EPF payment. The employer also need not submit returns through Form 5/10 12A, 3A or 6A. The annual accounts slip can be viewed online. The contribution will be credited to the members’ account every month. Follow the procedures to pay EPF online through SBI corporate account. Employees can always check their EPF balance status online through our dedicated portal.
How to Pay EPF Online
Follow the below procedures at the EPF site and later on at the bank’s net banking page for epf online payment. We have shown the procedure step wise for your quick understanding.
Check the list of banks for online payment facility.
- Visit Employers E Sewa page at EPFO website at epfindia.com
- Login if you have registered. Or register and create user ID and password.
- Upload your details to generate the ECR – Electronic Challan cum Return.
- Click on option ‘Online ECR/Challan Submission’.
- Generate the TRRN which is the Temporary Return Reference Number.
- To generate the challan, upload the details of monthly contribution. It should be as per given format prescribed in the website.
- Upload the text format of the contribution statement after filling in all the details.
- Approve it after verifying.
- Now download the challan, statement and acknowledgement copy by clicking on the ‘Download Challan’ menu.
- The TRRN will be displayed on the top-right side of the challan.
- This challan is valid only for 15 days from the date of generation. Hence, remit payment within 15 days from the date of generation of challan.
- If you fail to remit EPF online payment within 15 days, you will need to re-upload again to generate a new TRRN.
STEP – 2
For your understanding, we show how to make EPF online payment through SBI. Similarly, you can pay through HDFC, Bank of Baroda or any other bank where the facility of online EPF payment is available. In case of issues, you can always call SBI customer care center to help resolve the issues.
- Now login to your SBI account as Saral user or Corporate user.
- Go to the menu saying “Payments/Transfers > Pay EPF”.
- Type the valid TRRN and choose your debit account.
- Select the account no. from which you are remitting the payment.
- Verify the details and click on ‘Submit.’
- You will receive a success message. The authorizer can now also authorize the e-cheque available in inbox.
- The authorizer for this debit account has to authorise the transaction in case of corporate user. (Saral does not need this authorization as it has only single user)
- After authorization, you can view and take a print out of the challan at any time.
- To take a print out or save the challan, go to “Reports > Reprint Challan”.
Important information to follow
How to Use EPFO E Sewa Portal
EPFO e sewa is a special online facility launched by EPFO since 2012 to attain the online receipt of ECR. You can use it by hitting the below url:
Employers have to register at this portal to create a login id and password. After registration, an employer can upload the electronic return. The uploaded data is then displayed in a pdf format. After approved by the employer on the screen, an online challan is generated.
Employers can enjoy several online facilities at this portal to make their PF requirements hassle free. EPF online payment is one of the prominent facility offered by employer e-sewa portal. The EPFO portal also offers online facilities for employees to check PF balance status. The pending PF claim status is also checked online. Online PF is a great facility for employers to pay PF using the EPF login and net banking. If you have any confusion with the procedure, your comments are welcome.