EPF Balance- Check PF Balance Status
Know different ways to check your EPF balance! Employee provident fund is an essential part of any employee’s life. Most of the companies deduct PF. You can check your EPF Balance online of offline in couple of minutes! EPFO balance is the amount currently in your EPF Account. The PF balance is an indicator of your savings at the time of retirement. The Employees Provident Fund Balance amount comprises the amount which is deducted every month from your monthly salary. It also comprises the amount which is contributed to your EPF account by your employer. The online EPF balance checking platform was introduced in the year 2011. EPF is an integral part of the salary structure of any salaried employee. This information will help you to check your PF balance online/offline in few moments. With these different ways, it is simple for anyone to check their provident fund amount whenever they want.
Knowing your provident fund balance amount helps you in many ways. First and foremost it keeps you updated on the amount of your savings. You may want to withdraw your pf amount partially. In case you want to avail a loan against your EPF amount, the quick online pf balance check facility is very helpful. We have shared the links of the official portal of Employees Provident Fund where you can check your EPF balance. You will also find detailed step wise procedure to check EPF balance amount online. Further at this site, we will also be helping you to know your provident fund claim status and UAN status.
Know Your EPF Balance Online
First of all, you will need some details to enter at the site of Employees Provident Fund. These details are as below:
- The applicable EPFO office
- Your PF account number
- Full name as mentioned the pay slip
- Your mobile number
Now follow the below steps to get your current EPF balance amount:
- Visit the Know Your EPF Balance page at the official portals of Employees Provident Fund Organisation, India:
- Give a click at the link for PF balance shown at the bottom of this page.
- A new page will appear for Member Balance Information.
- Select the PF office state from the drop down menu for States.
- Select the EPFO office from the list appeared and click it.
- Now you can fill up your EPF account number, your name and your mobile number.
- Generally the EPF number is in format like GJ/AHD/XXXXXXX/XXX/XXXXXXX. If your EPF account number does not have the middle three digits, you can leave that box blank.
- If you do not know your EPF office, you can easily make out from your pf account number itself. The first two letters in your EPF Account number represents the code for state. The next three letters stand for your EPF office region.
- Fill up the details and click on the submit button.
- Within few moments you will receive an SMS showing your EPF account balance in your mobile.
Before you press the submit button, do check on the ‘I Agree’ box shown just above the submit button. That’s the easiest way to check epf balance. Let’s discuss it in detail.
EPF Balance Check By SMS
The EPFO introduced EPF balance check vide SMS, Mobile App and Missed Call Service in the year 2015. Please note this facility is available to those who have activated their UAN number. To get EPF balance status by SMS, you should use only your UAN registered mobile number.
Send below message from your UAN registered mobile to 773 8299 899:
EPFOHO UAN <ENG>
Once you send this SMS to the given number, you will receive EPF balance by return SMS from EPFO. The message will contain member details, last contribution, and total EPF balance.
You can receive the balance in different languages like Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi, Malayalam, Tamil, Bengali and others. To receive message in the Hindi language, change the language code to <HIN> instead of <ENG>
EPF Account Balance Missed Call Service
EPFO’s Missed Call service is among the 3 new services launched to check EPF balance. Here is something very convenient for mobile users without the internet. You do not even need to send any text message. Just send a missed call on below number to get your PF account details:
Give a missed call to: 01122901406
Once again, be sure that you give a missed call from your UAN registered mobile number. Once you give a missed call, you will receive an SMS in few minutes. The SMS will contain your member details and PF account balance.
EPFO Mobile App for EPFO Member Balance
The third service launched lately by EPFO is for checking EPF balance with EPFO Mobile APP. Various EPFO Mobile Apps are available at google play store for free.
Here is the link to download M-EPF for Android (4.0 and up) devices:
If you download EPF App in your smart phones, you can avail many EPF facilities on your phone. You can activate your UAN accounts from your handsets. Also, view your PF account monthly credits. If you are a pensioner, you can check your pension disbursement with this app. Employers can also view their remittance details on the phone.
How to Check EPF Balance with UAN Number
If you have UAN number, you can check your EPF balance via UAN at the below official page of EPF. Universal Account Number based member portal is launched by EPFO to provide a unique number to every EPF member. The UAN number does not change even while you change company.
- Use the below link to access the UAN Member page of Employees Provident Fund Organization.
- If you have already activated your UAN based registration, just enter your UAN number and password.
- If not, click on the tab ‘Activate your UAN based Registration’ shown at the bottom.
- Check the box for ‘I have read and understood the instructions’
- Now enter your UAN number and mobile number.
- Select the state and EPFO office from the dropdown list.
- Also enter your Member ID in the related fields and click on ‘Get PIN.’.
- You will receive your PIN to your submitted mobile number.
- Now submit this PIN number to complete your UAN Activation process.
- Once you finish activation, you will be able to create a login id and password.
- Now every time you want to check your EPFO balance with your UAN number, login using your UAN number and password.
You can obtain your UAN number from your employer to activate the registration at the ‘Know Your UAN status’ page.
Download EPF Passbook with UAN
Activate your UAN and download EPF passbook to know your monthly PF contribution. With EPF passbook, you will know your EPF balance in details. It will show your contribution as well employer’s contribution. The final balance in your account will be updated monthly. To activate your UAN, refer to your post on UAN status.
Once you activate your UAN, download EPF passbook as show in below sections.
Download Passbook at EPFO Member Portal (without UAN)
If you do not have UAN activation, you can still get your passbook to know the monthly PF balance. Follow these simple steps to download your EPF passbook from EPFO member portal:
- Visit the EPFO member portal at: http://members.epfoservices.in/
- Register yourself at this portal using your document number. To register yourself, click on the link: ‘Click here to register’.
- You can use any identity number for registration. i.e. Aadhar card number, PAN card number, Passport number, Ration card number, Voter ID card no., Bank Account no. or Driving Licence number.
- Select the document from the drop down list.
- Enter your document number, and Date of birth. Also, Name as in this document, mobile number, and Email id.
- Enter captcha code as show and click on Get Pin.
- You will immediately receive Pin number on your mobile.
- Check the small box for ‘I Agree’.
- Enter the Pin number to activate your registration.
Now login the member portal using the document number and mobile number. After login, you can view your EPF account passbook online. If you have multiple PF accounts, you can view details of all accounts here. You will also get an SMS alert every month on your phone as and when e-Passbook is available on this portal. EPF online payment can also be checked through the official portal. Direct login of epfo is given here.
With UAN registration, you can also download the passbook from the EPFO website. This will enable you to track the status of all your EPFO transactions. You can also download PF withdrawal form if you are planning to withdraw your provident fund balance. It will give a complete statement of all your PF transactions. Make sure you are aware of EPF rules before you withdraw the amount from the account. Keep visiting us to know all latest updates on EPFO procedures. If you have any confusion over checking your EPF balance online, do leave your queries here. Different official pages of Employees Provident Fund Organization website offers useful online facilities. These facilities are very useful for employees to get their EPFO balance details quickly. We will be soon posting other useful procedures for online PF balance, EPF claim status check and UAN status.